More Than $100 Million Recovered For Our Clients
Douglas D Shaffer
- Complex Litigation Cases
Douglas D. Shaffer has been actively practicing in complex litigation cases since 1984. Having graduated Magna Cum Laude from Pepperdine Law School and Ohio State University. Mr. Shaffer has been honored as a " Super Lawyer " every year from 2011-2018. He was named a Best Lawyer by US News and World Reports in 2017 and 2018. He was nominated for Trial Lawyer of the Year in 2010 by the Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles (CAALA).
Mr. Shaffer has litigated more than 85 catastrophic injury cases on behalf of Plaintiffs. He has been prominently mentioned in the Los Angeles Times, New York Times, Sports Illustrated, as well as the top legal publication, The Los Angeles Daily Journal, for many of the cases he has worked on over the years.
Mr. Shaffer is active in the community, donates to many charities, and has volunteered to coach his children's' youth basketball and football for a decade. He has travelled extensively for business and pleasure. He completed the Tour of France in 2004, the Tour of Italy in 2009, and recently competed in the Alcatraz and Malibu Triathlons.
- Who's Who of American Law Students
- National Dean's Honor List
- American Jurisprudence Awards Evidence, Contracts, Real Property and Bankruptcy
- Trial Lawyer of the Year
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, California
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 00/1984
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 00/1984
- Honors: Dean's List
- California, 1984
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1984
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1984
Current Employment Position
- O’Melveny and Myers